For many of us on the west coast, smoke inhalation has been unavoidable during the last month. Even if we stay indoors, and run a HEPA air filter, breathing in particulate matter is unavoidable. Detoxing after smoke exposure is essential to your long-term and short term health. Here are some tips to help support your health during this time of increased smoke exposure:
- Drink a lot of water. Wildfire smoke inhalation causes microscopic particles to get trapped in your lungs. They can get into your bloodstream and travel throughout your body, contaminating your organs. Water helps flush these particles from your system. Ten, 8-ounce glasses of water is a good target in general. If you’re detoxing, aim to increase this intake to 12 or 14 glasses.
- Eat a healthy diet. Focus on eating 6-8 servings of vegetables a day, as many colors as possible. Eat organic, grass-fed meats and eat organic fruits and vegetables whenever possible. Eat healthy fats like avocados, walnuts, olive and coconut oil. Avoid packaged foods, fried foods, fast foods, and sugar.
- Use a saline nasal spray: It’s easy for smoke exposure to cause irritated sinuses, irritation to the eyes, and shortness of breath. A saline nasal spray can rinse out respiratory mucosa and provide relief.
- Consider supplementation:
- N-Acetyl Cysteine is used by the body to build antioxidants. Antioxidants are vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage. Suggested dose for detox: 900 mg, 2-3 times a day.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that is good for the entire body. Suggested dose: 1,000 mg, 2 times a day.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid supports liver detoxification, has antioxidant effects supportive of nerve health, and helps maintain mental sharpness. Suggested dose: 200mg, 2-3 times a day.
- General liver support: LV-GB Complex is a general liver support formula designed to support bile flow for the normal processing and elimination of toxins through the specific combination of nutrients and herbs that include milk thistle, taurine, Vitamin B6 and 12 as well as many other liver detoxifying ingredients. Suggested dose: 1 capsule, 3 times a day.
You can have these supplements shipped to you from our online dispensary, Fullscript. See our “Favorites” under “Liver Detoxification Support”. Fullscript is a wonderful online dispensary that is now fully carbon-neutral.
We are excited to announce we can now offer medical massage indoors!
We have been cleared to offer medical massage. This can be Deep Tissue, Swedish, Trigger Point, or Sports Massage. Our wonderful massage therapists, Hani’a “Hummingbird” Abrams and Fernando Moratinos, are seeing clients in our relaxing massage suite.
We take your health very seriously. We are doing everything we can to stay safe during COVID-19.
- Our doctors and staff get tested for COVID-19 every two weeks.
- We will be wearing masks.
- We will wear gloves and change them between each client. Massage therapist will wash hands and use hand sanitizer.
- We will wipe down our tables and equipment with medical grade disinfectant, between every patient.
- We run HEPA filters to clean the air in the treatment rooms in the reception area.
- None of our staff or doctors will be in the office if they are experiencing signs or symptoms of illness.
- We will clean the office with medical grade disinfectants several times per day. This includes doorknobs, desks, chairs, items at the front desk.
- All clients must wear masks to enter.
- All clients are asked to go to the kitchen to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, immediately upon entering the office.
- All clients are asked to practice social distancing in the office.
- We ask that you do not come more than 5 minutes early for your appointment to keep the waiting room clear.
- We will take the temperature of everyone entering the office.
- If you are feeling sick, have a cough, sore throat, or have traveled recently, we ask that you cancel your appointment.